Publication 07 September 2021. Pre-Order Now.
Hardback | 224 pages with ribbon | 210 x 148mm |
Publication 07 September 2021 | ISBN 9781913134860
Hugely informative and stunningly produced, the Elizabeth I Book of Days pairs a practical perpetual diary with a wealth of material on the life and times of the last Tudor queen, Elizabeth I (1533-1603), one of England’s most iconic and celebrated monarchs. Each of the 365 days of the calendar year has the date, but not the day, of the month, allowing the owner to record events and reminders over many years. The linen-effect cover reproduces a detail from William Segar’s Ermine Portrait of the queen (1585), courtesy of Hatfield House, with the interior printed on Munken Pure paper, perfect for writing, and completed with a ribbon bookmark. The high-quality production and luxurious feel make this an ideal gift item for anyone with an interest in the Tudor period.
• How to use the perpetual diary
• Six days at a glance with space for notes
• At-a-glance year planner
• List special occasions each month
• Ideal for recurring annual events
• Can be returned to for years to come
Tudor history and Elizabeth I’s life and reign:
• Inspired by Renaissance-period Books of Hours
• Biographic overview of Elizabeth I
• A sonnet by the Queen
• A list of key facts about Elizabeth I
• Elizabeth I quotes
• Descriptions of a significant event and place at the start of each month
• Tudor-period saints and feast days
• Index of people and events
Tudor Times is an essential resource for information about the Tudor and Stewart period (1485-1625). Its website features information on People, Places, Daily Life, Military & Warfare, Politics & Economics and Religion as well as guest articles from well-known Tudor and Stewart historians.