In response to the COVID-19 lockdown, Graffeg are changing their permissions policy to allow teachers and librarians to create and share story-time and read-aloud videos of their children’s books on closed educational platforms. If a closed platform is unavailable, recorded videos of readings may be uploaded to YouTube as long as they are marked “Unlisted”. We ask that any teachers and librarians that make these videos do the following, as conditions of this grant of permission:
- At the beginning of the reading state it is made “with the permission of the publisher Graffeg”
- Make sure to mention the title, author, illustrator and publisher at the beginning of the reading
- Send their name, school or library, book title, ISBN number and the author and illustrator of the book they intend to read along with a link to the video to email@example.com
- If you are posting your video on a closed platform or on YouTube “unlisted”, please ensure that it is taken down by the end of 2021.
- The reading must be non-commercial and offered free of charge.