Hardback | 208 pages | 210 x 148mm
Publication November 2017 | ISBN 9781912213238
The Tudor Book of Days is a beautifully designed perpetual diary for keeping important dates, events and seasonal notes in a personal day book. The diary pages have six days in a double page spread and list important Tudor events by month and by day. The book has a section with biographical details of important Tudor figures.
The Tudor Book of Days is inspired by the Book of Hours, the prized possession of a Tudor person. Primarily a private devotional book, it listed holy days and hours for prayer, but was often used to record births and marriages, important events and festivals, or to write messages of affection between friends.
As a diary:
- Linen effect hardback cover, which features a stunning detail image of Tudor roses and flowers embroidered on a chasuble from the collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- Any year, six-days-to-view diary.
- Year planner.
- Notes section and dedicated space for recording birthdays, anniversaries and other important family occasions.
As a historical record of the Tudor period:
- Tudor Saints and Feast days for every month of the year.
- Key births, deaths and events from the Tudor period - one for every day of the year.
- Biographical information on over 150 key historical figures from the Tudor period.
- Month by month account of important social and political events.
'...what the Tudor Times have produced here is a masterpiece, a unique but incredibly useful planner that will help any Tudor enthusiast navigate through the quagmire that is their day-to-day lives. An absolute must on the wish-list of any organised 16th century aficionado, and one I will personally be putting to very good use hereon in.' Nathen Amin, Henry Tudor Society
'Beautifully designed as well as a practical organisational tool. The Tudor Book of Days is ideally suited for all those who share in our continued fascination with the Tudor period.' Heritage Shop Catalogue, Spring 2018
Tudor Times books: